Tile Shower or Tub with surround like picture above includes:
TILE SHOWER: HOW DO WE DO IT?
OUR 5 STEP PROCESS
1. Your old tub and the walls around your old tub or shower are COMPLETELY REMOVED down to the studs. We can add additional insulation in the walls around the shower if needed to keep the shower area warm. If there is old water damage to the floor, we repair it.
2. The new shower faucet of your choice is installed, with a new fiberglass shower floor pan or custom tile pan and drain. The water tight fiberglass pan is installed in a bed of concrete to make the floor extremely strong and level. (A new tub can be installed instead of a shower pan if you prefer a tub.)
3. Sheets of waterproof tile board are screwed to the stud walls above the floor pan. The corners and joints of the waterproof wall board are sealed water tight, so the shower is actually water proof at this time, even before the tile or fiberglass is installed.
4. Your choice of ceramic tile or fiberglass is installed on the walls over the wallboard, creating a second waterproof layer.
5. Colored Epoxy Grout is used between the tiles for beauty and waterproofing. No sealing is needed. Epoxy Grout will not stain, will not crack, does not need sealing, and is easy to clean with normal household cleaners. Epoxy grout is considered MAINTENANCE FREE.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
It only takes about 2-4 days from start to completion.
WHY DON’T YOU GO OVER THE OLD TUB LIKE OTHER COMPANIES?
We think it is better to remove the old tub and replace it with all new. Why? Because we can add wall insulation if needed. Who wants a cold shower? Often the old wall or floor is water damaged. We can repair any old water damage that may lead to dry rot. Often when the wall behind the old tub or shower gets wet, mold grows in this area. We can get rid of the mold. Companies that go over the old tub don't know if there's mold under it, and they can't remove the mold.
IS MOLD A PROBLEM USING OUR METHOD?
There is no way mold can grow between the old tub and the new shower because the old tub is completely removed and hauled to the landfill. Black Mold has been proved to be a Major Health Hazard. If you have mold, we can remove it.
IS IT EASY TO CLEAN?
Yes, ordinary bathroom cleaning products are used, like Soft Scrub or Scrubbing Bubbles..
HOW DO I CHOOSE MY TILE AND PLUMBING FIXTURES?
Our estimator can bring samples to your home for you to choose from. And if you don't see what you like in the samples, we have developed our "Showroom Partners Program."
To help our customers find quality tile and plumbing fixtures we have establish our Showroom Partners program. "Showroom Partners" is a group of wholesale specialty suppliers with showrooms in the Des Moines area were you can go see and choose the products you want to use in your remodel.
These Showroom Partners are time tested companies where you will receive high quality products with expert advice in their field.
You'll receive service, expert advice and quality products.
When you choose the products you want, our Showroom Partners fax us your choices. Because these are wholesale suppliers in their field, we can buy from them at wholesale prices, and we pass the savings on to you at discounted prices.
After we receive your choices by Email, we can update your final estimate.
Why use Hartman Construction for your new kitchen or bath?
1. All work comes with a guarantee.
2. Low competitive prices.
3. 34 years experience.
4. References are given.
5. Free estimates.
FIBERGLASS SHOWERS, MANY STYLES TO CHOOSE FROM.
WHAT’S THE PROCEDURE?
1. First phone us to let us know you would like an estimate. Our estimators work evenings and weekends so they can come to your home after work.
2. Our estimator will come to your home and discuss your project and how you would like it done. The estimator give you an estimate at home if the estimate is not too complicated. If you have a complex project, he will take this information back and do a “Preliminary Estimate” that will be mailed back to you.
3. After you receive your preliminary estimate and have a general idea of the price, if you would like to go ahead with the remodel, call us again and we’ll come back out to discuss the details and help you decide on specific products. This is where our Interior Designer can help you.
If you would like to see the products you want to use, we give you a list of approved SHOWROOM PARTNERS, where you can go see their showroom and choose the specific products you want...
We take this information and update your estimate. Then we mail you a remodeling contract showing the exact price.
✔ See Photos of Completed Remodels
✔ See Videos of Completed Remodels